Sunday, July 7, 2013

Wellbutrin Update

It's been a week, and I'm now officially off of Nortriptyline and taking only Wellbutrin for the migraines, the ADHD, and the SAD.

And I feel great.  I've kept a daily diary of, well, anything I notice, and it seems to me that I'm not suffering any strange side effects.

I have woken with headaches a couple of times, but I think they were both due to the fact that I'd gone to bed and woken up later than usual. 

I've also stuck with the swimming.  I got started at Intrawest in Palm Desert and have joined the YMCA to keep it up.  I like going on weekdays at three, because that's when they begin pumping in cold water in preparation for swim team practice.  I have the lap lanes to myself.  Today I completed 10 laps, a new personal best.

Tonight I'm trying something very interesting out:  I'm having a vodka tonic.  Dave and I cleaned out our sad little liquor cabinet and had to throw away bottles and bottles (smallish ones) of alcohol that had gone bad.  The Bailey's expired in 1995, and was so thick it couldn't be poured down the sink.  There were black things in the bottom of the gin.  It was yucky!  It will be interesting to find out if I can have a drink and not suffer a migraine.

Over the Fourth of July weekend, I had no trouble sticking to my diet, except for one meal.  Omi had made her potato salad so naturally I had to have some of that.  I also ate a piece of "nice cake." I think an occasional indulgence is perfectly acceptable.

My weight is pretty much unchanged.

No comments: