Thursday, August 16, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

Today was my birthday but as it's a Thursday the full celebration is still to come.

On Monday two dear friends made me a lovely dinner.  I ate a piece of delicious artisan bread and had some three-bean salad but otherwise stayed carb free.  I happily ate a serving of strawberry shortcake, knowing one treat wouldn't destroy a whole eating plan.

Today I had lunch with my mother-in-law and daughter at a local Thai restaurant.  No Thai iced tea or coffee; the sugar can't be removed.  But my Swimming Rama was pretty carb free:  spinach, chicken, peanut sauce.  Though that sauce tasted pretty sweet.

The birthday meal will be served on Saturday when my son is home.  He's bringing my mom over and I'm hoping he'll smoke some ribs I got at Costco earlier this week.  And there may be a delicious dessert.

Otherwise, this eating plan suits me.  I'm not craving anything (except for fruit juice) and I don't seem to be getting any headaches.

Yippee!

No comments: