Friday, November 23, 2012

A Stormy Fall

We had a lovely summer here in the Seattle area, but now that fall is here, Mother Nature is taking revenge.  We've had one rainstorm after another, and each one has given me a migraine.  The low-carb diet that seemed to work wonders in the pleasant summer sunshine is no longer protecting me.  I need an abortive.

I've gone so long without taking any Axert that I can't get a prescription at Group Health.  Today I got up (very late, had a headache) and logged on to the site so I could choose a new personal physician and schedule an appointment.  Whew!

I'm concerned because I am about to start a long-term sub assignment at a local middle school.  I'll be covering for a teacher I really admire, and I want to do my very best work.  My best work includes arriving each day on time.  Which I can't do with these constant headaches.

A quick note about Thanksgiving:  I ate whatever I wanted on Thursday and Friday and Saturday AND Sunday.  Then I went back to lo-carb eating on Monday.  I think it worked well.  I enjoyed candied yams, stuffing, a fabulous sweet-potato pie baked by my son, grandma's apple pie and pumpkin pie, and a nice little scoop of ice cream.  And when it was over, I happily returned to my lo-carb diet.

No comments: