Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tea!

OK, I understand giving up coffee. I live in the land of Howard Schultz (well, I guess, we all do now) and I'm sold on drinking the richest, darkest roasts. Given the migraines, I'd limited myself to one cup in the morning and adapted this routine to travel (pack insulated mug, know where the caffiene is before going to bed). It worked for me.

But tea! For me, tea is a sort of ceremonial ritual that gives my life form and structure. When I'm happy, I celebrate with a nice cup of tea. When I'm sad, I soothe myself with a warm mug of tea. When I'm trying to relax, I sit down with a cup of tea. When I feel a headache coming on, I detach from life and enjoy a break with a cup of tea. When the end of the world comes, I probably won't be the least bit worried until I run out of tea - then I'll know things are dire.

So I'm cheating on the tea. I'm not having my usual amounts - that would be counter productive - but I am having some for breakfast and maybe one more in the afternoon.

No comments: