Thursday, May 24, 2007

What a difference a week makes

Today is diagnosis day plus nine, and I feel like a new person entirely. Still need excessive amounts of sleep, cherry Mylanta chewables, and bananas, but no longer feeling like a shivering mass of pitiful.

Today I was able to eat half a blueberry muffin for breakfast, a nice change from the daily banana or rice pudding I ate last week. For the record, if I get another NSAID ulcer, I will also choose vanilla instant breakfast smoothies made with banana and Lactaid or soymilk.

Lunches have been rice cooked in chicken broth with bits of meat pulled from a roast chicken in the fridge. Canned green beans - not my first choice but a safe way to eat veggies. (The banned items - broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers - make up an awfully high proportion of my favorites!) I've also had some steamed carrots. Yesterday I had a toasted cheese sandwich - bread, cheese slice, bread, toasted in the toaster oven - very exotic!

In the evenings I dined on more of my broth infused rice or rice pudding accompanied by dried fruit. What a long way I've come from having nothing but chicken noodle soup.

No comments: