Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas update!

This morning I finally remembered to weigh myself before having my tea and breakfast, and I'm happy to report I've lost thirteen pounds.

On the work front, I've been migraine-free.  I felt a headache on both Monday and Tuesday, but both responded to Aleve and/or Excedrin Migraine, and once I adjusted to the schedule, I had no pain at all.

Taking my lunch has also be surprisingly easy.  There's a small fridge in the classroom (because when Amber returns she'll be a nursing mom and will need it), so I can keep my tuna salad there all week.  I take celery sticks to eat with the tuna plus a cut up apple and peanut butter for dessert.  I've taken leftover ham, cut into chunks, plus two cheese-sticks and some edamame beans.  I got around the need to bring a salt shaker by taking a plastic container with the salt thrown in.  After I'd nuked the edamame, I emptied the packet into the plastic container and shook it up to distribute the sale.

I'm allowing myself to enjoy some carbs while the kids are home, although Graham's girlfriend made me some delicious coconut balls that are super lo-carb.  I'll have what everyone else is having tonight at Grandma's and tomorrow for our Christmas breakfast.

And today I might bake some cookies.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

No comments: