Sunday, December 30, 2012

Holiday Carbing

I decided to allow myself to eat carbs (within reason) during the time between 12/22 and New Year's Day.

What did I eat?

Well, the first thing I really had to have was a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats.  Everyone else was having a bowl, and they just sounded so crunchy and delicious.  I enjoyed them.

I ate a couple of pastry items I associate with Christmas, a German stollen and a Danish Kringle.  I enjoyed every morsel of sweet, floury goodness.

I allowed myself to have everything on the Christmas Eve buffet: the baked potato, the salad topped with sugared walnuts, crackers and cheese.  Yes, I did.  And I had the cheesecake dessert.

My son's girlfriend sent over some Christmas cookies, and I ate enough of those to be able to tell her how delicious they were.

And today I ate my favorite snack:  Nutella on a tortilla shell.  Yum.

Finally, I gave each of the kids some Starbucks hot cocoa, and one didn't like it.  So I had a couple of cups of that.

Otherwise, there really isn't anything I'm craving.  That's what I like best about not eating carbs.  I get to feel sated.

Though I might have just one more bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats.

No comments: